Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Last Crazy Week of Summer...

...or Why I Hate Summer...

Over the last 6 1/2 years, I have hated summer. Next summer will be no different. I used to love summer. Not only was my son born in summer, but so was I, and so was my Mom. Three b-day celebrations, vacations, fun in the outdoors. Then the boy-o started school. School ended in mid-June. Then came the summer camps. Something different every week. Driving all over kingdom come to get him where he needed to be. Getting in late to work and leaving early to pick him up. Ack. Vacations started to fall by the wayside - mine anyway. The boy-o and his Dad (da Ex) always manage to go somewhere in the summer. But noooo, not me. Work always manages to schedule a major friggin' release in the middle of summer. Usually around my b-day. Since I'm the Release Engineer, guess I should be around for it, huh? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

This last week of summer before school starts is no different. The boy-o is with a friend all week. They went out of town for an overnighter. The apartment is still a bit of a mess from the whole costume thing and is in desperate need of some cleaning. The boy-o's painting supplies are all over the place (he's got a 8/31 deadline for the latest contest), the animals need some TLC. But what did I do?

I cut up this bag...


To make this bag from leftover corduroy (fringe came on the fabric already)...

The old book bag gave it some nice structure.

I wanted a new knitting bag. This is my prototype. I've got some changes to make to the overall design to make it better, but it's a pretty cool bag.

I've been knitting regularly on the RYS II every day, but it looks the same as it did the last time I took a picture. That's just one of the drawbacks of making a shawl from the point up. After the triangle gets to a certain size, it's looks the same - as in it doesn't look like you've made any progress on the damn thing - until it's pretty much done. Sigh.

I've discovered Etsy.com...I would like to sell there. Time to get busy making stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment