Saturday, August 12, 2006

My work here is done...or is it?

Kilt alert!
For those of you who haven't noticed yet...David has put up a new kilt picture. Nuf said. Glad to do my part in promoting the apprecitiation of Kilts and the men who wear them.

And now on to the knitting. I can't believe I'm doing this...well, yes I can 'cause this is the kind of freakish crap I do. I've started the Recycled Yarn Shawl yet again. I haven't quite frogged the one I've been working on for 6 months - yes 6 months - 2-3 rows a day - for 6 months. I haven't frogged it yet just in case. I've started a 'new' shawl on much larger needles. Why? I don't know. There wasn't any alcohol involved either, darn it. Right now I could use a 'rita with what I am about to do.

I'm using one of the last two balls of recycled yarn for this experiment - the 76 yarder. Once that's gone, if I like what I'm seeing, this will be the 'new' Recycled Yarn Shawl'.

Why I didn't notice that I didn't like this before, I don't know. Guess I was so distracted with work that when I knit to relax myself, it didn't matter what I was knitting or how it looked. Seeing the pictures of it up on this blog really opened my eyes. While some may say I'm throwing away so much work, why not just finish it up and be done with it? I can't. I didn't waste knitting time. It helped me get through a very tough few months at work. Frogging this will be more than just taking apart a shawl. It will be purging myself of all the bad feelings I had going on about my job - a cleansing if you will. Better to get rid of the bad mojo contained in the old shawl and start the new one now that I'm feeling much better about things and starting a new chapter in my life.

I must say now that the more that I look at it, the more I'm liking the new shawl. With the larger needles, it's working up faster and I'm getting more shawl square footage for my knitting time. The yarn looks great - it's fuzzy again, not matted down and stiff. You can actually see the pattern. The first shawl is too dense, which makes it too hot. I'd never wear it. This is something I'm making for me, so I need to like it. If I like it, I'll wear it.

Now where did I put that tequila?

No comments:

Post a Comment