Thursday, August 10, 2006

No joy this morning...

Why? Because there was no KIP on the way to work that's why. Standing all the way today both to drop off the boy-o and then on to work. Yes, I can knit while standing, but not with such a big project and not when I'm packed in sardine style. I've got to get at least a row in this morning, or I won't make it through the day. I'm doing a build today, so there will be a few times this morning when all I can do is wait and watch the screen - perfect time for knitting! Snicker.

I am about to commit myself to making more baby objects (two co-workers). There will definitely be baby booties involved. I made my first pair at the beginning of the year and can't get enough of those adorable little things! Maybe a hat and if I can handle it a baby sweater or two. I'm going to try to avoid baby blankets at all cost. I love them, but they are a torture to make. I'm going to go online at lunch and see what I can find for easy to make baby sweaters. This will be another first for me. I have been sticking to large flat objects, and last year, ventured to knit-in-the-round hats (I despise seams since I have yet to be able to do a decent one dammit).

OK, now on to the original subject matter. No work done on organizing for the past few days. There just hasn't been enough time to start anything worthwhile after work. I'd rather spend the time with my boy-o or if he's not around, I've been working on some costumes. I'm making some interesting things for a few friends to take to Burning Man at the end of this month. I'll post photos when I'm done. In the meantime, the ironing board, the sewing machines, and the fabric and notions have taken over the dining area. All that will be either finished or put aside this weekend though, as the boy-o and I are going to dive into his room and have at it on Saturday.

As a reward for all our hard work (and only if we work hard, will we do it), we are going to go to the Japanese Culture Center's Summer Festival on Sunday. Can't wait until we finish all this organizing work. Right now, Saturdays are for work and Sundays are for play. Once we're done, Saturdays will be for play too! If that's not an incentive, I don't know what is.....

No comments:

Post a Comment