Monday, January 22, 2007

Where in she FINALLY talks about teaching Cherry to knit...

BUT FIRST...

GO BEARS! YAY BEARS! I CAN'T STOP TYPING IN CAPS!!!!!




OK, so maybe I can stop typing in caps...isn't this guy the cutest? He was a gift from my sis many, many, many moons ago. I think probably about the last time Da Bears went to Da Superbowl back in what '85? Anyhoo, I grew up in Chicago surrounded by Bear Fans. So, I am happy for them, happy for the Bears, happy for Chicago. So I will happily cheer them on in the SuperBowl, just as I cheered them on yesterday.

GO BEARS!!!!!!

OK, so now that I've taken a deep breath, I can go on...

Meet the markers I made for Cherry the Friday night before we met...




...and the "Learn to Knit Kit" I put together for her...




...after much time fondling yarn and discussing needles and yarn types...she picked a yarn and some needles...

Hey Everybody, meet Cherry! Here she is with the yellow practice yarn and her brand new bamboo knitting needles happily knitting and purling. That day, she also learned the cable cast on, frogging, and tinking.




...here's Cherry with Hugo and her new yarn...




...and her nicely wound ball...




...and the beginning of her new scarf...




Read here and here for Cherry's account of her learning experience and her first ever FO! She's caught the 'bug' and is on a roll. In the week or so since she learned to knit, she has finished another scarf, and is starting a baby blanket for a friend. The pattern for the blanket sounds a bit complicated for a beginner, but she has done her research and is rolling right along. Amazing, simply amazing...

And speaking of FO's...here's my first of the year..




Spencer's Neck Warmer...and he wore it...and it worked great...and he loved it...and once again, knitting Mom did her thing and kept those she loves warm...sniff...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:49 PM PST

    Funny you mention that the baby blanket pattern sounds complicated.... I did my first row of the pattern yesterday on the train, and this morning I spent the ride undoing the pattern as I ended up with a few extra stitches in the previous row.

    It's all part of the learning experience, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:51 PM PST

    Funny you mention that the baby blanket pattern sounds complicated.... I did my first row of the pattern yesterday on the train, and this morning I spent the ride undoing the pattern as I ended up with a few extra stitches in the previous row.

    It's all part of the learning experience, right?

    ReplyDelete