Thursday, January 25, 2007

Where in she rambles endlessly...

Hey everyone, I've got lots to talk about today (I think, if I remember it all), so let's just get to it...

First off, gotta get this in...




GO BEARS!

OK, now that I've got that off my chest, lets move to areas further south on the ol' bod.

Last week, I received this in the mail...



A bracelet kit from Make The Connection (MTC). MTC, a campaign for cervical cancer awareness, is making these bracelet kits available (free while supplies last) to those who make the commitment to talk to their health care providers about cervical cancer prevention. January is Cervical Cancer Awareness Month, so go check out the website and then get yourself checked out. Make that appointment for your yearly PAP screening. It's a nasty test, but you gotta do it for yourself. A lot of women have the virus (human papillomavirus) and don't even know it - there are no symptoms. Some will never get cervical cancer, but some will. And of those who do get cervical cancer, almost half will die. Do it for yourself. Do it for your loved ones. Spread the word. Make the Connection, Make the Commitment - get your screening today.

And now that I've got that off my ummm...moving right along....

OK, so I Made the Commitment (I go yearly anyway, so that part was easy) and got my bracelet kit. Only one problem, I don't wear bracelets. What to do? Simple.

Add a few of my recent recycled bead acquisitions and viola!




MTC stitch markers. Modeled by my favorite Chicago Bear.

OH, and here's a picture of my 7 layers of nightly warmth and comfort...



...which will soon turn to about 8 or more since my electric bill is $105 this time around. Gack!!! Time to turn down the heater even more and throw some more blankies on the bed. Gack! I'm still in shock. Gack! My regular electric bill is never more than $20. Gack! Ack! Gack!

And now a few photos of Spencer's new backpack - from Italy. The best souvenir his Dad ever bought him. He likes it a lot, thinks it's 'cool military style' and has named it. Everyone? Meet Meibin (May' bin)...







In case you haven't noticed, he got the name from the label.

Yeah, I'm all over the place. Ping! Ping! Piiiiingggggg! Ricochet Rabbit! Anybody remember that cartoon?

Anyway, pinging back to my thoughts...time for some knitty content.

I've picked up the needles again. Started back up on Monday or Tuesday. I'm working again on the Phoenix beaded rectangular wrap and another scarf (this ones a gifter).

Hey Donna!

Why aren't you working on Gary's gloves?

I started those up again, but didn't get very far. I've misplaced (I'm holding out hope that it's around somewhere and not gone for good) my Grandma's small circular needle. This has caused much discombobulation. Even though I can finish up the glove I'm working on now, I'll have two miss-matched gloves (I switched up the pattern on the second one, remember?) and no needle to use to start up a matching glove for either one. I am lost without Grandma's mini circular. It has much knitty mojo and my fingers just fly when I use it. The thought of using dpns for the entire project makes me ill. It's bad enough I have to use them on the fingers.

I use the mini circ for a lot of my small projects. Wrist warmers? Mini circ. Gloves? Mini circ. Booties? Mini circ. When the pattern calls for dpns? Mini circ. You get the picture. I'm hoping Kitty decided to play with it and it's under a chair or behind a dresser somewhere. I am tearing apart the apartment this weekend.

The Hunt for Mini Green Circular Needle is on...

No comments:

Post a Comment