Monday, October 08, 2007

Finished Object and Some Culture...

And now, for the finished object...

I present the "Honey Scarf"...




tadaaaa...yes folks, I still knit on occassion...in case anyone is wondering about my choice of colors, they are the colors of Honey's fav soccer team (or football as they say over there), Leed's United. He was in on choosing the colors of course, as I don't make a habit of choosing colors for men's gifts...or males of any age for that matter - unless the male is a baby. They also get to approve the object or pick out one. So much easier that way. I get final say on the stitches and/or the pattern tho...hee hee. Gotta leave something as a surprise...

Anywho...specifics high level...ummm....3 skeins of New England Highland Wool from The Yarn and Fiber Company, one each of colors White, Marigold, and Royal. Size 9 needles, cast on 24 stitches and knit seed st until you're cross eyed... Switching colors every so often to make purty stripes... oh, and don't forget to add a four-strand fringe when you are done...and don't forget to weave in all the ends...oh the ends...gah. Oh, and I slipped the first stitch of every row to keep the edges all nice and all. And I um, can't remember when exactly, I started it, but if you really want to know how pathetically long it took me to knit it up, you can look back in the blog here...I know I mentioned starting it at some point. For those Ravelry folks out there, I will eventually be adding this as my first project over there...when I get more time.

OK...now on to 'Some Culture'...as in Art.

Spencer had Friday off (and is off today as well) and spent a bit of time in the morning drawing.





May I present now, "Retro Chair":




This is just the beginnings of it, as he has added much more to the composition. It's a "Shades of Grey" drawing of my retro swivel rocker (one of a set of two), which is actually an authentic 1956 chair. Love my chairs, love his drawing. Even makes my half-dead plant look more alive than it actually is...

Gotta love it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:23 PM PDT

    The scarf looks wonderful,can't wait for you to drape it round my neck; now for a blue and yellow Dalek.....

    ReplyDelete