Wednesday, May 07, 2008

At least *someone* is making progress around here...

...too bad it's not me!!!

Spencer has finished his art project. We're off together to school in the morning. He needs an adult with him to run interference on the commuter train...I'm good at that. Yes, I took pictures, yes, I'll eventually post them.

I really wasn't going to admit this, but I just have to...I've totally farked up my sister's birthday present. I realized last night that I'm not going to have enough yarn to finish it - and I'm more than 2/3 of the way thru. Sigh. I started off with 3 very large balls of the main color and 1 medium size ball of the contrast color. Oh NO!!! But wait...as I grab for the 3rd very large ball of main color, I see a problem. This last very large ball of main color, is NOT the same color as the other 2 very large balls of main color. GAH!

Soon after I began a "tearing thru the apartment and everything that could possible hold yarn search". It was fruitless...I came up empty handed. Sigh. Might as well go to bed.

Funny thing was, I wasn't upset - and I still am not upset. Go figure.

Today, for an early lunch, I popped over to the local JoAnn's and bought the yarn I needed. After some design discussion with the Honey (he was very helpful), I cast on again tonight while Spencer finished up the "art project" and we watched Season 3, Disc #1 of the new Doctor Who. I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some Doctor Who.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to knit on the once-farked, twice started, very late birthday present for my sister. And nothing else will get knit on until this doggone fark up is done.

I shall prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment