Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ze Scarf, she is done...oooh la la

I am happy to report that I finished Spencer's Argyle scarf last night...well...technically this morning as it was 2am before I finally sent myself off to bed (I actually finished just before 1:30am, but by the time I finally stopped admiring it and went off to bed, well...).

I just couldn't NOT finish it last night, I was sooooo close.

So I just sucked it up and stayed up until it was done.

Not like that was all that difficult as I am quite the night owl - my usual bedtime is midnight.

I am so proud of what I have done. First time attempting double knitting! First time attempting an argyle pattern! First scarf made out of wool for Spencer!

I did it!!! No pictures just yet as I will not present it to him until tomorrow afternoon. I promise photographic evidence of the scarf tomorrow night with Spencer modeling!

He is so excited to get it.

Major Mom points earned. MAJOR.

He's even texted me: "I LUV YOU MOM - THANKS FOR MAKING THE SCARF"

It was worth all the late nights and working thru all those firsts to make it (the going got rough there in the middle). He def loves it and hasn't even seen the finished product yet. That is all a knitter can hope for...that their handmade gift and the work it took to make it is appreciated.

Sniff.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:25 PM PST

    Yes, post a pic!! Glad he liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I can't wait to see it.
    And then learn from you how to do it!

    ReplyDelete