Thursday, February 11, 2010

Best laid plans, blah blah blah

Well, the conference didn't go as well as we planned and there has been a business setback. My friend is carrying on though and pushing forward, etc. He's not one for giving in and this is his dream, so onward!

Ms Cow was a fantastic navigator by the way...even thru fog!!!

It has been nice having the car, altho it is very tiring to drive (and drive so much too) after not driving in a long time. I am worn out from yesterday. Drove Spence into SF today all the way to school and picked up his bike while I was there...more lots of driving...this time in traffic.

So on to the best laid plans. I don't seem to be the superwoman I used to be. My big plans to take the two chairs off to the charity shop just fell thru. I can't lift the damn things, so there is no way I'm going to be able to get them down the stairs and into a car. I'll have to have some help with that. I'll just have to borrow the car over the weekend when Spencer can help me. In the mean time, I've given up on even taking anything. I don't have enuf for a car load without the chairs. To be honest, it doesn't even fill up the cart. Sigh. Can't lift the heavy boxes either, so taking anything to the charity shop for donation is out for today.

I'll have a bit of a rest and then go do some running about...I have several things that need to be done that would take forever if done by bus, so having the car is not going to go to waste. I was going to try and fit in the errands and the donation run, so now I can just relax and take my time. I'll pick up Spencer from BART and we'll most likely take a run down to In 'n Out for some yummy burgers. We only go to In n Out during Kublacon cos I've got a rental car and there is one by the hotel where it's held, so this will be a bit of a treat for us. Altho I must confess that when I first picked up the car on Tuesday night, Antonella and I stopped in for dinner. :)

Oh yeah, almost forgot, the dice beads came the other day. The silver and gold medal ones are awesome, the skulls are a bit bigger than I thought they would be, and the "white" dice beads are actually "grey". They'll be some emails to the seller about that. I have a feeling I'll be sending them back. I need WHITE. These just look the color of dingy socks. Yuk!

I've gotten several other "new" things to help me make stuff and give me instructions/ideas for Kublacon items, so I need to get going on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment