Sunday, July 03, 2011

Could have caused so much trouble...

...with the title I wanted to use.

It had to do with the fact that I'm on my own a lot lately - Lonely.

It's at least a zillion degrees outside - Hot.

I don't see my son a whole heck of a lot lately - Mama.

I'm needing something to drink - Seeks.

Preferably something tall and cold - Tall One.

Which could have gotten me a lot of hits.  It still might.

Anyway.

I made this**:

















A big pitcher of cucumber, lemon, and mint water. Although there is no mint in it at the moment since the grocery store didn't have any mint. Mmmmm...hits the spot.

Spencer drank half of it when he came home before he took a shower and went back out again.

I've become a pit stop/diner.

Thank God I don't have a washer/dryer, I don't want to be the laundry-mat too.

Besides, his Dad would never see him if he didn't go there and do laundry every so often.

There has been a lot of knitting going on during the Chaos Commute.  Not much happening at home lately.

Too. Damn. Hot. To. Knit.


**Recipe:
1 cucumber, sliced
2 lemons, sliced
5-10 fresh mint leaves


Add all to glass pitcher, add water, let it set for a few hours in the fridge.  After a day, you can take out the slices and leaves if you still have some water left.  It's very refreshing on a hot day.  Ours usually doesn't last that long, cos it's just so darn refreshing.


If you have a camelback water system, drain the water thru a sieve to get rid of slices, leaves and seeds before you put the water in it.  Tastes so good when you're out running or riding.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:09 AM PDT

    Ooh - I'd better reply to your subliminal ad posting then... then you'll get at least one hit!

    Honey
    x x x

    ReplyDelete