Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Remember the Knitting

OK, so here I sit typing up a blog about knitting when I should be fast asleep.

Whatever.

Some things have not changed in The Chaos.  It hasn't moved and I haven't done much with sorting through things lately.

Some things have changed in The Chaos.  The Queen of The Chaos (that would be me) is shrinking.  Just a little.  If Her Majesty could get off her Royal Bum, she might be shrinking faster.  But that's a whole new blog post.

The point is, this sweater has been languishing in my project bag for a long time.  A very long time.  I'm making it with the most scrumptous yarn (in the 07 Autumn colorway) I have ever gotten my Royal Paws into...bought in England.  Yum.  And Purrrrrrrrrr.  And if I had an entire room of it, I would sleep on it.

Yes, it's THAT yummy.

Anyway, I had a feeling all along that Juliet would end up being too big, but that did not deter me one bit in continuing to knit it.

Why?

Well, honestly, because I have no concept of gauge and how to manipulate that S.O.B. to get it to work in my favor.  Also, well I am a short, potato shaped knitter with a warped sense of what should fit.  It's not that I'm a size 20 trying to fit into a size 2.  It's just that I cannot for the life of me accurately judge what size I am.  Seriously.  Measuring does not help.  I just cannot correlate measurements with making garments that fit me.

That sounds much better than "because I'm a total nutter", doesn't it?

This gauge imparement is why I make socks and scarves and hats.  Simple stuff for my simple brain - until I can get a handle on this whole gauge thing.  Honestly (again), if I could handle free-form knitting that ended up as something usable, I'd do that.  No pattern, no gauge, no rules - just KNITTING at it's purest.

Right.

Anyway, back on topic.  Now that I'm not so much the large Idaho I used to be, but, still potato shaped none-the-less, I realize that my Juliet will need to be frogged and restarted.

Which does not bother me in the least, because if you have been reading me since the beginning, you know that deconstructing is one of my favorite knitting activities.

Because then I can knit it all up over and probably over again.

There goes that whole "not admitting to being a nutter" theory.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:07 AM PST

    I should point out to everyone that little Miss Potato here DOES in fact have curves in all the right places, including where they go inwards, she just doesn't get it... :-)

    Honey
    x x x

    ReplyDelete