Wednesday, December 07, 2011

That's how we roll in The Chaos

OK, so my friend Antonella gave me these awesome covertible fleece gloves last Christmas in a most fetching green.  Fingerless gloves with the tops off, put the tops on and you've got warm mittens.  They even have zippers on the top to hold money, an ID, your bus pass, or a key or two.

I wore them every day when I got them until the weather changed and I didn't need them anymore.  They were set aside and that was that til the next winter.

Well the next winter is here.  The temps dropped last week and there I was going through all my winter accessories and lo and behold, NO GREEN GLOVES.

I look night after night. Sound familiar? Yeah, I was also looking for my knitting needles.

So The Chaos was torn apart, put back together and torn apart again.

The needles were found, but not the gloves...until last night.

Also found with them were a few other items (from top to bottom as they were pulled out of where they were):
  • two organic face towels that have been earmarked for a special project
  • a large freezer ziplock bag (empty)
  • Ms Cow's knitted sleeping bag (I was wondering where that was too)
  • the gloves
  • a small ziplock bag containing the leftover yarn from Ms Cow knitted sleeping bag and two sets of dpn's (which I noticed were missing from the ones I found the other day)
  • a small silk pouch with my best set of zils
  • my favorite veil (used mostly in dance class)
Quite an eclectic collection of items, wouldn't you say?

Oh, and Donna, where DID you happen to FIND all these items?

Ummm...wellll....

They were in a small tote bag sitting innocently next to a shelving unit in my bedroom.  I ummm never bothered to look in it because I thought the whole thing was full of the face towels that were the top layer.

I just so happened to accidentally knock it over as I moved the shelving cabinet to see if my gloves had fallen down behind it.

When BAZINGA all those diverse little goodies spilled onto the floor.

Of all the things I manage to lose in my apartment, I really do miss my sanity the most.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:39 AM PST

    For anyone worried about the tops of Donna's gloves, I should point out that they stay attached, they just sort of hinge out of the way, as it were.... Otherwise, yes, she'd have lost those too :-)

    Bye the way, ummm, sweetheart, there wouldn't be a thingy of shampoo that I, erm, mislaid in your shower, would there...?

    Honey
    x x x

    ReplyDelete