Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Just sayin'

Thoughts on the Olympics:

I don't understand why there is such a big fuss about Opening Ceremonies.  They are not meant to be understood.  Just sit back and enjoy the pretty lights and costumes and get caught up in the feeling of excitement.  I always like watching the Teams walk in, the athlete's faces are so full of excitement and promise.  Love to see what the teams are wearing too.

That was the Best. Olympic. Cauldron. Ever.

Almost one and a half weeks of not-enough-hours-of-sleep because I just can't stop watching...and counting.

Thanks NBC for not showing all the stuff I want to see until 10PM.

Thanks internet for spoiling just about everything...I miss the old days of not really knowing what was going to happen until I actually saw it. Oddly enough I can't stop myself from looking at the damn internet.

Athletes shouldn't be allowed access to Twitter during the Games.  They get in enough trouble talking to the press.

Now that Mustafina has a Gold Medal, maybe she'll stop looking like she's going to bust out the waterworks every single second of the competition.

Can we just stick to discussing accomplishments of all these awesome athletes?  Save the digging for family dirt until after it's all over.

The athletes are at the Games because they earned it, not because of their hair, their weight or if they have had sex yet.

Can we stick to the GAMES?

One thing that annoyed me today...Gabby Douglas leaves the floor for a bit.  "Americans are known for not wanting to watch the competition"  Dude.  Maybe she had to visit the loo?

Gymnastics sure has changed since I dabbled in it way back in 1973.  Still love watching it and am just amazed at what some of those gymnasts can do.

Announcers can be rather annoying.  If you're just guessing and grasping at straws...just stop.  Stick to the facts.  We wouldn't mind if some of you just shut your pie holes for a bit.  Really, we wouldn't.

Not sure if I like indoor bike racing.  I'm much happier watching outside road races.

Why do men's beach volleyball players wear board shorts and tank tops while the women wear bikinis?  I personally wouldn't mind seeing a bit more male skin out on the sand.  Really got tired of hearing all the hulabaloo that it was going to be too cold for women to wear their bikinis.

To all those athletes winning the first medals for their country...YOU GO!!!!

For all those breaking records, winning multiple medals and so on...YOU GO!!!

For ALL the athletes that are in London participating, you are all awesome and should be honored for just qualifying to go up against the best in the world.  You are all winners whether you walk away with a medal or not.

To the athletes who have been to the Games time after time, you are a great inspiration to us all.  Thank you vaulter Oksana Chusovitina (37 yrs old), rings competitor Iordan Iovtchev (39 yrs old) and equestrian Hiroshi Hoketsu (71 yrs old) to name a few, who prove that age really is just a number. I wish I could have 1/20th the get up and go that you have.

Gah.  Midnight again.

Can't wait until the games are over, I need some sleep! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment