Tuesday, September 25, 2012

And so it begins?

I have made a few decisions on what to do with Spencer's room.

First I thought about going to a smaller space, then decided against that because I didn't want to pack to move, didn't want to pay to move, and didn't want to be bothered with moving in general.

So now his room becomes a craft/storage/bedroom room.

It's still partially his room, only I'm arranging it the way "I" want it to look.  His part is the bed.  Oh and he has a bit of the closet still, but not very much.

I've decided to store all my decorations and craft supplies in the closet.  I know the craft supplies will fit, but I'm not so sure about the holiday decorations.

Here's my plan:

Each craft and holiday is designated a certain amount of space.  It does not increase. 

First up: knitting/crocheting and all things yarny.

I hit Ikea yesterday and bought this and this for my knitting.  So far so good.  I had already thinned out a LOT of my knitting stash, so things are fitting perfectly just where they need to be.  I have a sneaking suspicion that there is another box of yarn lurking somewhere and that will throw my whole plan into chaos, but I'll cross that bridge when I find that box.  I have another shelf of the hanging thingy available so things just might fit.

Photo proof available soon.

I had the idea for the knitting in my head and it needed to come out and come into being NOW, so had to get that out of my system.  Now I can get back to concentrating on stripping the bed, washing everything, getting new sheets, and dealing with the corner of boxes that Spencer left behind.  Then I can move the bed to the wall I've always wanted it to be against, and start moving things in and out once I've given the room a thorough vacuum and cleaning.

The Chaos will truly be Chaos until the dust settles.

No comments:

Post a Comment