Friday, September 28, 2012

Getting used to things...

Mainly, I'm still not used to this new blogger layout.

Worst part about it is that I didn't actively change it.  Instead of doing that, I just ignored all the notices that popped up every time I logged in about a "new blogger coming" and then one day last week, there it was...

The "new" blogger...

And here I am trying to figure it all out.

I will, eventually.

One other thing I'm not used to is anything Spencer related.

Not used to:
  1. Not texting him at the end of the day to ask his opinion on that night's dinner.
  2. Going into his room and doing stuff - that was his domain, I hardly set foot in it.
  3. Doing the dishes, thankfully, there is only me, so there aren't that many now.  He somehow dirtied every dish every day - or at least that is what it seemed like.
  4. Not having 3 loads of laundry a week.  I'm down to 2 every other week.  Now THAT I like.
  5. Cleaning BOTH bathrooms, once again, the hall bathroom was his domain.
  6. There are many little things I come across, too many to list or remember but they cause memories and twinges of missing him.
I'll eventually get used to it all and I really do miss him, but with email, texting, facebook and Skype, I can keep in contact way too easily for his liking.  Bwahahaha.

I was going to take a photo of the first part of my closet re-do, but forgot, so that'll happen soon.  I've got a bit of a hot mess on the last few "shelves" of the hanging thing for yarny goodness, so I should figure out what I'm going to do with it before I snap any photos of the 'finished product' anyway.  I have been sorting through lots of things and moving other things around and still haven't found that other box of yarn, but I know it's in the apartment somewhere.  I'm missing some very cool denim yarn that my sister gifted me a LONG time ago. I KNOW I still have it.  The bottom-shelves-hot-mess may need to be donated to make room for it.  No great loss since it's been that hot mess for 2-3 years now - I obviously have no feelings for neither that project nor that yarn.

Tomorrow morning is a wash-a-thon of linens.  Stripping both beds, washing everything, seeing what linens stay, what linens go.  My donation pile will grow exponentially tomorrow morning, I'm sure of it. 

I have 4 rolls of quarters.  Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment