Friday, June 14, 2013

Petition Update and Creativity

No new progress on the petition/K-1 Visa process yet.

They have updated the processing times for the California Service Center from 7.5 months to 5 months, so that is promising.  Our petition has been in the system for 1.5 months so far give or take a few days.

We had a bit of a hiccup when I got the official notice saying they had received our petition and gave us our case number.  They listed out our names and birthdays and low and behold, I had filled out my Honey's incorrectly on the main form.  It was correct on all the others and there was even a scan of  his passport, but still they requested a copy of his birth certificate.  Sigh.  We had to wait a bit for the certificate to come but all's well now as they have everything they need once again.

We have not received any more notices or anything, but I'm just glad there is a number to call and very nice, helpful people on the other end to help you update things when you screw up.  Of course that triggers a notice for documentation, but that is ok, at least we know that it is actually being worked on!

Oh, and I told Honey not to take it the wrong way that I got his birthday wrong.  I always mess up with Spencer's and I was ACTUALLY THERE on the day it happend.

I'm just bad with stuff like that lately.

I read an article last week that said hot flashes are a major contributor to women having memory fog and that it is temporary and things go back to normal when the flashes stop.

I'm still waiting for the stopping bit.  Summer is pretty much here, it's been hot and I can barely tolerate heat without hot flashes - with hot flashes it is just not good.

I want my normal brain function back please.

I have been having funny ideas about cartoons concerning hot flashes and general menopausal issues.  One day soon I will be going to a place where I can sit, relax and try my skills at drawing.  I have been writing down all my toony ideas as well as other Thoughts that pop into my head.

Now I won't forget any of it.  They are mostly things I want to make, and they are quite good, so hopefully some day I'll be able to work on them.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:14 AM PDT

    Visa website still says 5 months, and still says my date of birth has been updated; nothing about the birth certificate arriving. No update since I checked yesterday - sigh...

    And what's even worse is I checked Donna's form-filling, and I didn't catch the mistake either!

    ReplyDelete