Thursday, January 09, 2014

We're getting so close, I'm about ready to panic...

Martin and I were discussing the latest about his visa.

Not really much to talk about since we're in waiting mode.  There has been lots of waiting.  We're getting good at it I suppose.  Doesn't make it any easier though.

Latest estimate is that Martin should be receiving a letter from the London Embassy in the next week or so with his appointment date or some sort of appointment notice.  Once he submitted that last set of forms and other things after his physical, the countdown started: 6 weeks.

We are just over the 4 week mark I think.

And we wait.

The Embassy won't respond to questions about status or anything.

So we wait.

In the meantime, we try to plan for a wedding that we can't really finalize a date for...

We do have a tentative date but I'm not saying anything just yet. Don't want to jinx it. :)

In the meantime, we do research about wedding stuff and Antonella and I are going to go visit a potential venue in a few weeks.

Although we can't really do all that much but tell them our situation and hope they can work with all the unknowns.

At this point, I have a dress, Martin has a suit, Spencer has a new suit, and we have the rings.

That's all we really need to make an appointment at City Hall for a license and a ceremony.

Oh yes, and the visa.  Can't do much without that now can we?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:58 AM PST

    And the very latest is....

    There is a letter from the embassy in transit. It went to my parents' house (I used it as an accommodation address while I'm working temporary contracts) and Mum has forwarded it to my current address. But it's not here yet, so now we wait for Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's getting more and more real. :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete