Monday, August 21, 2006

Proof of a busy weekend...

NEXT TIME SAVE TO DRAFT EVERY FEW MINUTES SO YOU WON'T HAVE TO RETYPE THE WHOLE DAMN POST!!!! But I'm not bitter...here I go AGAIN. ARGH!

Deep breath....The weekend started off on Friday afternoon with a few beers with co-worker friends. Then made my way to the MUNI underground with my huge bag o' costumes only to end up on my ass in the aisle on top of my bag and 3 other passengers. Damn driver started up really fast only to slam on the brakes. Ouch.

Once I made it to my friends' house I found....cold shrimp appetizer, Amaretto Sours (yum yum), Romaine salad with pine nuts, grilled salmon with a wasabe crust, hand made garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus with tofu - more Amaretto Sours - and lemon meringue pie for dessert. In between dinner and dessert, we did the fittings and brain stormed about more costumes. I left that night with another bag of stuff to sew and these fabulous vintage purses (I have a collection and actually do use them) ...



Will make costumes for yummy food, drink, and vintage purses - hahahahaha - I'm so easy.

On Saturday, my very good friend and co-worker A and I went to Ross to buy some stuff for the two baby girls. Thanks to the generousity of the rest of our co-workers, we collected just under $200 and bought a TON of stuff...



...and this is just for one of the baby girls.

I made these...



...but wimped out on the rest of the planned baby things. I had a bad case of biting off more than I could chew I guess you could say...better to be realistic than stressed out. I wanted to have something done by today (to give with the rest of the gifts) so opted for booties only.

...I took apart RYS I with the help of my baby girl Sammie...



...which resulted in these...2 balls worth 600 yards of faux mohair.



TAA DAA!!! What a great weekend! I accomplished so much and so little... Laundry? Bah! The cleaning and the rest of the chores can wait. hee hee

I didn't work on the RYS II a whole lot since I've been busy with the latest batch of costumosity. I managed to get a row or two done on the train, but that's about it.

Take that blogger - I finished this one! hahahahaha



No comments:

Post a Comment