Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Who am I and why am I here?

Since this is a new blogger blog, but not necessarily my first ever blog, I'll fill in a few blanks some people might have...

My name is Donna. I'm a clutter bug and a procrastinator. Which is how I got my apartment into such a chaotic mess. A little over a year ago, I decided to change that. I took a bunch of pictures of my apartment with my new digital camera and posted them on MSN Spaces for all the world to see. I was hoping that having it so 'out there' for everyone to see would help me stay motivated to purge and organize my home. And, I could also keep track of what I was doing and see some good results from a different perspective. And it worked.

Well, as always, life happened. Things slowed down, picked back up again, etc. Here I am a year later and still not completely finished. I have made lots of progress and that which I have purged has stayed purged and that which I have organized has stayed organized. But - and there's always a but isn't there - there is much more to do. The organized stuff can use some tweaking to function better, and now that the purging is almost all done, I have to figure out what to do with the stuff that's left.

Even though I'm not done, I find I already have more free time to do more fun things. Even more time with my son S, family, pets, and friends. More down time to knit, sew, read, dance, veggitate, paint, craft, think, design, write, live. It's amazing the little bit of extra life I have gotten out of this ongoing life project...the exciting part is, there is more to come!

My online writing also expanded to include what's going on with life in general, being a single Mom, general venting, various and sundry crafty projects - mostly knitting. Knitting, dancing and reading are my most precious sanity saviours...more about all as this blog develops.

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment