Friday, March 16, 2007

Still miffed, but moving on anyway

It's Finally Friday! again and we're not going to talk about my gaining 5 lbs last week. My mood is improving and I want to keep it that way...

Autums's Mom poses the question: Peep toes or flip flops?

Well, let's see. It's CA, it's gorgeous out and my feet are ready to come out and play. The toenails are painted and the flips and sandals have been dusted off. I love to wear flips, depending on if I can get some with a little bit of a sole. I have these awesome beaded ones I've had for a few years (Kohl's $7.99), but they are wearing out and I am sad as they are my absolute favs.

AmpuT writes about a lot of great things in her latest entry. The best part? When she talks about facing her fears. And the Suze Orman quote. My favorite part of the quote? "I am a Warrior." It is proactive and kick ass. As soon as I read it, I heard the song "The Warrior" by Scandal and pictured Grace Jones' character Zula from Conan the Destroyer - "If you want him - grab him - take him!" And I've just the sandals to wear when I conquer my world too...

Thanks AmpuT, your post yesterday helped me put together a few things that have been floating about in my head all floaty like. The thoughts are coming together. This is just the kick in the ass I needed to get going and make things happen. Thank You!

This weekend's plans are all changed now. Spence and I were going to go to Rakkash on Saturday, but I've decided not to go - and he's very happy about that. I really want to go see AmpuT and her troupe, but I've realized that's all I want to see. I'm saving my money for a vacation, so I won't be buying anything - which I shouldn't anyway since I haven't been dancing much lately and can't justify spending the money. So... driving all that way, paying admission for and dragging around a sluggish, uninterested pre-teen, using up all that (expensive) gas for a 10 minute performance is just not going to happen. I will have to settle on checking out photos on the website afterwards and hopefully AmpuT will post some too. My heart is just not in it this year. Sigh.

So what will we be doing? We were going to catch a movie on Sunday, but might move that to Saturday as a reward to ourselves for all our hard work. There will be lots of Apartment Therapy happening. I bought the book the other day and read it through. Time to start taking care of business. This method, I can buy in to, the whole FlyLady thing? Not so much.

Of course, I'll probably post on Monday that we did totally different things this weekend. Spence and I just love 'winging it' on the weekends.

Have a great weekend everyone! And Happy St Patrick's Day to those who celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. Dang I'm a few days late and a few dollars short. har har har

    Kohl's had these slipper flips that were so freakin soft and pink and had rhinestone doo dads on them. I carried them around..but ended up putting them back. I hate it when I get all responsible. If they are there next time, I'll know it's meant to be!

    ReplyDelete