Saturday, June 30, 2007

Just when you thought you wanted to be alone...

...you get the chance to be alone...and you're not happy...whatever...

Just back from dropping Spencer off at his friend's house. Won't be seeing him for a while now. Between visitors at his Dad's, trips and sleep over camps, it'll be 4 weeks before I probably see him again. Sigh. Decided on some shopping therapy after that, so headed over to Urban Ore to rummage around and see what I could find.

Found some cool drawer pulls for the chest of drawers I'm refinishing. They are nice shiny chrome - I'm going to either stain or paint it very dark...it will be a nice contrast. Also found an over the door hanging up your stuff thingy for the bathroom, a kitchen slicing gadget thing, and a few candle holders. Almost bought a really nice office chair, but don't have a desk to go with it or the space to store it until I do...Plus, I forgot to go back and get it when I was done digging thru the bin for the drawer pulls. Hee Hee...

I've got a whole bunch of things lined up to keep me busy while Spencer is away...refinish the chest of drawers, get in some knitting, go thru lots of crap - I'm still managing to do a bit every night (I must be ill) - and sew up some things for the apartment. I'm trying not to do what I usually do - mope on the couch and each junk food. Well, at least if I'm going to mope, I'm going to try and eat healthy this time... hahaha!

And I've just noticed the rocking chair is my room is ugly to the extreme...don't know what possessed me to paint it that way...and I never really finished it off...so depending on how the chest of drawers project works out...I might be refinishing the rocker as well.

Not much else to report. If things go as planned, I should have lots of projects to show off from all my craftiness, etc. And of course by saying that, I'm sure I've just jinxed myself. Oh well, don't know why that should bother me. I make plans, things change...it's a given. Such is life in the Chaos...

No comments:

Post a Comment