Friday, January 30, 2009

Some sort of nesting going on....

...or should I say hoarding...

Anyway, I've been busy this week.

Emotionally, it's been a roller coaster.

Wow, this is my chance to switch careers. OMG, PANIC! What in the hell am I going to do if I don't do software? Everything is going to be OK, relax, you have until May 15th. Do I REALLY have until May 15th? OMG, PANIC! Seriously, I'm OK with this...it's time to move on.

Etc etc etc.

Getting very tired of it.

Any moment now, I suspect my head will start spinning and I'll be spewing tonight's dinner (tortellini with garlic marinara sauce by the way - was yum on the way down).

Everything else-wise...I've had a friend's car for the week while he and his wife were out of town (you know who you are - THANKS!!!) All I had to do was drop them off at the airport and pick them up when they got back - and make sure to fill up the tank, of course. :)

Boy, am I glad I really don't have a car. On the one hand, it was wonderfully convenient. On the other, I've become a lazy-ass shop-a-holic. And that was just the first two damn days. Good grief. Was teasing my friend via text that his car was costing me a fortune!!!! ha ha ha ha ha

I did manage to get some long overdue errands done that I've been putting off for the longest time and Spencer, Antonella and I went to shops and restaurants that we wouldn't normally go to on bus or bike. We used the car wisely...hee hee. And as much as I'm calling myself a lazy ass, I really didn't use it as much as I could have...Just the weekend and a few nights out for dinner.

As for the hoarding, well, since I did have a car, I hit the stores and stocked up on toiletries, cleaning stuff, cat litter, etc. The biggest containers I could get my hands on too. Several of each. Why not.

It cost me a big chunk of change, but one part of me said, "You got the car, take advantage of it, you are running out of everything." The other part of me said, "Stock up now while you still got the chunks of change. That way you won't have to worry about it later."

Then I got it all home and said "Where the hell am I going to put it?!?"

Worked that out.

Been reading again.

And doing a bit of organizing. Thinking of dusting off the Job Basket again. Yes, I've been ignoring it since the Holidays. Well, DUH. Is anyone really all that surprised I slacked off. Chaos. Hello.

Been ignoring my bike...she is feeling very neglected. Maybe Spencer will be successful in getting me out on her this weekend. We're going to continue with the clear weather/sunshine, need to take advantage of it!

Been knitting as much as I can on Spencer's argyle scarf that no matter how long it gets, it's still not long enough. Been knitting on that damned thing since November (ACK) and it's STILL not done. This is the last time I'm using such a complicated technique on such a looooooong project.

Feel free to remind me I just said that when I announce I've decided to make a double knitted argyle queen sized afghan - cos you know I'll forget all about the argyle scarf from hell and decide to do something completely and utterly stupid like that...sigh.

It stopped being "fun" and "cool" about 6 pattern repeats ago. I'm currently at 20. I've estimated that I need to do 33.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You know, I thought when I first signed in that I've got nothing to say, why am I even here...and then stuff just started spewing forth.

Guess we're all just really lucky it's not the tortellini with marinara sauce, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:08 PM PST

    Yes- I know who I am. I'm anonymous!! :)

    ReplyDelete