Saturday, April 04, 2009

A love affair renewed...

Today Spencer and I met up at the BK to do some bike work. He switched out his center pull brake for a side pull one, then found a Fixie back wheel and switched that out. I had to work on my brakes and my front wheel.

Last Monday while Spence and I were out riding, well, we didn't get very far at first, because one of my bungee cords slipped down thru my front basket, wrapped itself around the wheel thingy and there you go. Headed back to the apartment, left Sgt Puff and headed out instead on Honey's bike.

Anywho, I haven't ridden my bike all week - I've been on Honey's - and Oooh...his saddle is so uncomfortable. Spencer said the front wheel was a bit wobbly and since we had the extra bike, it hasn't been that big of a deal. I packed Sgt Puff up on the bus rack this morning and we headed over to meet Spence at the BK.

Several hours later, brake cables lubed and adjusted, front wheel worked on and true once again and chain lubed. I did all the work myself!!! Before I trekked out to BK, I took off the front basket and hardware and one of the back baskets. I'm going tomorrow after Sock Club to get a fabric pannier. I'll eventually get two, but one will do for now. It'll be good to have something lighter weight that can be removed easily if I don't need it.

Now that she's all lean and mean and lubed and adjusted...don't we all wish we were - ahem - I've got a girl crush on her all over again. We just flew down the trail...and most importantly, I can carry her again. :)

Can't wait until tomorrow morning when we can ride again to BART. It's SF Sock Club first Sunday meetup! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 comment:

  1. Apparently I can just come to you to get my bike all tuned up!
    You Rock!

    Have fun at SF Sock Club tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete