Tuesday, May 08, 2012

A Poem for Mom

Sis and I were having to go through Mom's photo albums for pictures for a nice memorial slideshow that the funeral home put together for her services.  During the process, I discovered a poem I had wrote for Mom for Mother's Day back when I was very young.  She had saved it, along with several hand made/drawn Mother's Day cards I had made her over the years.

Unfortunately, I didn't date it, but I suspect I was between 7 and 10 yrs old.

I read it at her Funeral Mass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Treasure of God to me - my Mother.
Dearer than gems of earth and sea - my Mother.
Guiding my steps along life's way - my Mother.
Growing still dearer day by day - my Mother.

With much love, Donna

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty amazing, for any age. Esp the under 10 set. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete