Sunday, September 16, 2012

It's almost time...

This Thursday, Spencer is off to college.  UCLA, here he comes.

Everyone (me, his father and his father's partner) is heading down to take him and all his stuff to school.

I have booked myself into a fancy pants hotel close to campus for 2 nights to pamper myself during this big transition.  There will be many mixed feelings in the next few days.  I am so excited and happy for him as he goes off on his own into the world and starts his own life.  I am sad that he won't be around much to get things from the high shelves, do the dishes, carry heavy things, go out to Chinatown for Dim Sum on a whim.

Time to let him go off and experience the world, time for me to finish adjusting to him not being around.  He's been getting me ready by not being around all that much these past few years - he's been busy with school, work, and friends.

I know he'll be ok, he's a great kid and hopefully, mama didn't raise no fool.

I'm very proud of what's he done so far to get where he is today.

I can't believe I've made it through these first 18 years.  It's been a rough ride sometimes, but it's been worth it.

Now it's time for him to go off and make his own way in the world and time for me to begin the next phase of mine.

Love you Spence!  May all your dreams come true.  Enjoy your college years, the real world of work and mortgages comes way too soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment