Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Joys of Buying a Used Book

How many times does the word Bitch appear in the Stitch N' Bitch book?

Who knows?

Who cares?

Well, the previous owner of my Stitch N' Bitch book cared a lot. She went through the entire book and taped a piece of paper - carefully cut to size mind you - over every single occurance. I kid you not. Don't believe me? Do you think the chaos has finally taken over and I should be committed? Well I do, but that's beside the point. The book seller - the owner of a fine local used book store (Berkshire Books) - went through it one day (he must have been bored) and removed just about all the paper. I think he should have left it all for me. He did miss a few spots and I got a really good laugh out of it. Hell, I didn't even believe him when he told me. I was just thrilled that I found the book and would have bought it in just about any condition. He showed me a few pages where you could still see some of the tape. I just about died. We are still puzzled as to why someone would get or keep the book in the first place if they were so offended by the word Bitch. And the page with the naked knitter and companion? Damn straight that sucker was papered over. Bwahahaha! I think that's the best picture in the book!

Hope you can see the leftover tape in these photos...




Edit: Thanks AmpuT for reminding me I had some good blog fodder with this book. The SnB group apparently still gets a good laugh out of this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment