Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Knitting Humor

...'cause yes, knitting is fun.

Was going down the list of my fav blogs and came across a link to this toon...

Love it, just love it.


Still plugging away on the "Something" which I think I will change the name to "Phoenix". That poor yarn has been ripped out and started up again so many times, it seems only fitting.

I'm taking a break from "Cigar".

I've found the RYSII, but don't feel like working on it right now. I get that way with big-ish projects. I tend to lose interest for a while, then pick it up again and knit on it 'til it's done. Not sure yet if that will be the case with RYSII as I still wish to frog the hell out of it. Only time will tell. It has been banished to the knitting dresser again. Out of sight, out of mind. Yeah, I am, but that's beside the point.

Instead of Chaotic knitting, I think I should call my 'knitting style' Psychotic knitting. Whatever.

Just had my yearly physical yesterday. Now start the endless (ok, maybe just 2 or 3) yearly tests I must submit to...grudgingly. Nothing like this stuff to make a young at heart, vibrant woman (me, people, me) feel like an old lady. Yeah, yeah, it's all necessary given my family health history, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. At least I got rid of the gray hair before I went. Nyah!

Got the weight loss lecture again from my Doc. I hate sitting through it every year even though she's oh so nice about it. I just so hate to hear the truth that the older (gasp) I get, the harder it will be to get rid of that extra baggage. Sigh. If I only had a personal trainer and a personal chef - I'd have no problem. Since I don't, I'm on my own so to speak and that's just not cutting it. Time to give myself the ol' peptalk about how I can make the right eating choices, and it's only 30 minutes out of my day to exercise - surely I can find the time to do the healthy thing for myself, yada yada yada. Now, if only I'd pay attention to myself. Now I know why Spencer ignores me sometimes - it's just way too easy to do...

In the meantime, to help myself feel better, I cast on a scarf for myself out of this. And yes, dammit! I ate more of Spencer's Halloween candy. Dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment