Thursday, August 23, 2007

24 days...

...but I'm not counting. yeah, riiiight....

Anyway, sitting here in my "office" looking across at the "kitchen" thinking I really need to get in there and clean up. Don't want to though as tonight was the scene of a total. cooking. disaster. If you can't cook, is it really a "kitchen"?

I've had the hardest time cooking anything other than my usual, boring standby meals lately... and it's becoming very discouraging. Tonight's failure? Fried chicken. And I make good fried chicken. I have made good fried chicken. Damn good fried chicken. Tonight's dinner? Damn good salad and turkey/cheese sandwiches. Argh.

Now that the smoke and smell have finally dissipated, I guess I should get in there and clean it up. Argh.

But first, some knitting content: One of the skeins of wool for Honey's scarf arrived yesterday! The not-as-white-as-I-thought-it-was white. But it'll do. Cake balled it - Yay Hugo! Haven't seen or heard from him in a long while...it was good to play with him again and make a nice big wooly ball... Started swatching. First up, the hunt for needles. I have them all sorted and what not according to needle size...all in nice neat zip lock bags labeled with needle size. Now, where the hell did I put them? hahaha

Finally found what I wanted...in both wood and metal varieties and went at it. Hmmm....no hand itchies yet...just might be able to get by knitting this wool. Label says it's all natural and has not been treated by any chemicals. So far so good. :o)

Uh oh....here we go...coughing, itchy nose, watery eyes. Seems it's the airborne wool particulates shedded from the yarn once I start working it that cause the problems. Well, I have a solution for that. Oh and the yarn dries out my hands. How do you folks knit with this stuff?!?

Anyway, I'll try and get some photos of the Honey project such as it is so far up this weekend along with some of the solutions I've come up with to knit with this stuff called "wool". In the meantime, I've got loads of work to do (but not 'til work hours tomorrow), a nasty kitchen to clean up (I really should do that now), a kid to get off to bed (I think he's already asleep on the couch), and some hands that need TLC.

Seriously, how do you guys work with wool?!?

1 comment:

  1. It has been a long time since you've mentioned Hugo! Which means NEW Additions to your stash! Except since you'd working it now, it isn't really stash materials, huh?

    I hope the next 24 days go by really quick!

    And don't get discouraged by the chicken...keep workin' the kitchen. I made Mac'N'Cheese yesterday from a box. It's one of those simple meal sort of months I think.

    ReplyDelete