Tuesday, November 27, 2007

There is no try, there is only "Do"

...ok, so anyone who's been reading this blog for the last year or so knows I struggle with weight loss. I have done well, I have done not so well, but I continue on.

Just updated the ticker up top with the latest info...up 4 more pounds. Oh well. What's a girl to do?

Well for starters, she can get off her ass and exercise more. Watching what I eat is not enough. I've been doing well enough watching what I eat though: paying attention to calories, fat, salt, and sugar content and so on. Some days I'm better than others, but I'm getting back on track and want to stay there for a while. My problem is with exercising. I just don't want to do it.

Things have changed though. I have the encouragement of loved ones once again and a very hunky workout partner to help things along, so I'm getting back into it.

Today, after living in this complex for over 8 years, I entered the "Exercise Facility" over in the main clubhouse/manager's office building. It's basically a room with a mirror on one wall, a wall of windows overlooking the pond area, a universal gym, a stair stepper, 2 treadmills, an elliptical, a scale, and a TV suspended in the corner. I nice place for a complex as old as this one.

It's open from 9am to 10pm. Every day. I've never gone. 8 years people. And I've never taken advantage of 'free' equipment. Sigh...8 years...

Went today at 9am. Hopped on the elliptical for 30 minutes. Just about died. Pretty much crawled back to my apartment. Will soon take Ibuprofen and put up my feet...oh, and don't forget the ice pack for the knee. I hurt. Everywhere. And I did the lowest level workout.

Pitiful.

But I'm doing something about it. The weight must come off, no if's and's or but's about it. My health (and let's face it, my doc) demand it. So it shall be.

It's going to take a lot of work...and oh my GOD does it hurt...damn...I'm getting old, aren't I...but I will perservere. I must.

Tomorrow? I dread tomorrow. Oh the aches when I wake. Even with all the stretching I did before and after and continue to do...I will ache. That's what happens when you carry almost 200 pounds on a 5ft 2.5in frame. It wasn't meant for that...and it's been reminding me a lot lately...and it hurts.

Am I going to go again tomorrow? Yes, I said I would. So I will. Elliptical again? No...not just no, but HELL NO. I will move over to the treadmill for a while and get myself used to moving again. Lots more knee friendly over there. Walking I can do... I am walker hear me roar. Just need to be nice and level for a bit before I go all incline and high resistance on myself. Knee needs healing time, but I must continue to move. As long as I keep it level and consistant, knee will be just fine...and in a few weeks, I will climb back aboard that damn elliptical and show it who's boss.

And next month, the weight loss ticker will show progress. If I keep up the 30 minutes of daily exercise (and I mean daily), there will definitely be weight loss. Which is good because my jeans are tight and there's this really cute little black dress that's two sizes too small hanging on my door that I will wear soon. I don't care if it's just to go check the mail. I will fit into it damn it and I'll look fabulous...cos that's just the kind of dress it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment