Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dear Occupy San Francisco Protestors

I am all for folks exercising their right to free speech and expressing their frustration with the system.  BUT. It's probably not a good idea to yell at and insult the people who could possibly be sympathetic to your cause.  And...now that you've done just that, well, you can just shove it.  You stay over on your side of the street and I'll be on my side.  Don't talk to me and I won't talk to you.

Just because someone hasn't been camping out on the street with you and doesn't look homeless like most of you do, doesn't mean they are the "1%".

Why am I ranting?

Spencer is on his way to my place now.  He rode his bike from his Dad's place to the Embarcadero BART Station.  The Occupy folks are hanging out close by there.  For some reason, they fixated on him and started yelling that "you are the 1% you need to be brought down!"

REALLY?!?!?!?

A kid on his bike riding down the street.

"YOU NEED TO BE BROUGHT DOWN"

REALLY?!?

I think those folks have been breathing in the vehicle fumes (and whatever they have been smoking) there on the side of the street for WAY TOO LONG.  Go home, clean up and take a break.

First protestor who touches one hair on the head of me or mine draws back a bloody stump.

Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment