Friday, October 21, 2011

Reigning in the Chaos...a little at a time...

This past week has been a doozy, but I sit here today typing, so I obviously survived the dooziness.

A lot of things have changed lately, from where I sit, for the better.  Here are a few tidbits:

  1. I was starting a new online shop.  I've cancelled it for now.
  2. I was whole-hog on the looking-for-a-new-place.  I've slowed down.
  3. I had signed up to do a local craft fair (at my complex, this weekend actually). I cancelled.
  4. I felt like crap all the time.  I've changed my eating habits and I'm moving again (as in easing back into something that can be called exercising). 
  5. I was trying to remember too much with a memory that isn't as good as it used to be.  I've emptied the extras out onto paper and left other things forgotten. If they were important, I'll find out soon enough.  Then I'll add them to my calendar or my notes.
All of them important changes that add up to me being able to sleep again.  Not stressing over where I should be and what I should be doing or when things should be done or how many things still need doing.

Life is complicated enough, I really don't need to make it more so.

There were many things (both big and small) that signalled me that I really needed to change my ways.

The two most obvious things:

  1. My body was screaming for mercy.
  2. I sat down in front of some very pretty sparkly jewelry supplies, had a zillion ideas in my head about what to do with all those pretty sparkly things and could do nothing but look at the pretty sparkly things and think "ooh, pretty sparkly things, aren't they pretty and sparkly?".
When my body talks so loudly (or in this case just about whacks me over the head with a baseball bat) and my creativity STOPS, I know there is something wrong.  Not only has something been wrong for a long time, but I've been ignoring it.  Bad Donna. Bad.

This time, I sat back and looked at ALL aspects of what was going on, not just the one that was complaining the most.  I unloaded the unnecessary things, rearranged the necessary things, and added some new very necessary things.

I am by no means done, but I have a very good start.

Now if I could just get back all those lost hours of sleep, I'd be golden. :)

Note: I know I am moving in the right direction.  I was able to sleep last night even after having 2 earthquakes yesterday that scared the living daylights out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment