Monday, December 17, 2007

New Stove! Pictures soon...

Lots happening here in the chaos...

New stove delivered this morning...check...last photos of old one taken...check...photos of new one taken...check...

Package from Grandma delivered today as promised by UPS...check...don't open until Xmas...duly noted and check...dammit...

Researching latest rules and regulations about traveling overseas since I haven't done that in 15 years...check...rules have definitely changed...duly noted and check...dammit! No problems knitting on the way there, but can't have knitting on UK to Chicago flight when I return. Argh. They must have heard about my threats to the local justice system here in California. Since "No sharp objects whatsoever - no exceptions - and that means YOU" are allowed on flights leaving the UK, looks like I break out the crochet - didn't say anything about hooks. Can't needlepoint, cross stitch, sew/quilt, knit...crafters must be overly agressive and just plain unruly on transatlantic flights. Honey is hoping I don't get myself in trouble on the way home...or lose any precious crafting supplies.

ACK. All I want to do is keep myself busily occupied and not in anyone's hair. And if I'm busily occupied, no one will get in my hair...which is of course more important in this situation.

Lots of work piling up...check...and ACK!!!! Will be working late the next few days to get it all done.

Lots of pictures piling up in the digi camera...will eventually post.

Knitting Content:
Honey's Dalek is coming along well. 85% complete as of last night. Spencer's Surefire hat was sneakily confiscated Saturday night after soccer, properly blocked, and lined with lightweight fleece last night. Looks awesome. So proud of myself on both projects. Yay!

Some day, I will get all this into Ravelry. I should be thankful I haven't gotten really sucked into it yet, altho I did discover that they also have crochet stuff! Guess where I'll be looking for ideas for the trip home.......let the sucking begin...

2 comments:

  1. Yay! New stove! Did the whole complex get new stoves?

    I started traveling with a self addressed stamped enveloped so I wouldn't loose my needles or projects. I've never had to use them though. I occasionally travel to Canada and have an envelope with Canada Post stamps too.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy lots of knitting magazines to read instead. Then when you have finished those and are bored.....
    Break out your sharpie and start drawing "creativly" (ahem ;P ) all throughout the magazines the airlines usually provide for you (at least all the planes I have ever been on had some).....
    That will teach them for leaving you to your own unknitting devices.

    ReplyDelete