Monday, July 26, 2010

It's almost the end of the month...

...the birthday month...and the shopping...oh my goodness the shopping...

I spent my Amazon gift card in a New York minute (thanks G!) and ordered a book I have had on my wish list for about 4 years (!!!!), and another that I found and thought I'd like (Ms Cow requested it actually).

A small shopping spree at The Yarn Boutique in Lafayette, CA happened the weekend after my birthday. The owner was there the day I went and she was very very helpful. The store is very small and PACKED to the ceiling, so don't bring kids or carts or strollers or wheelchairs if you go. I could barely walk round in there and kept knocking stuff over. I got 3 different kinds of sock yarn and another set of square circulars. We also had a good chat about the yarn I won at the SF Ravelry Meet-up in May. She gave me a few suggestions about patterns I should look up - all free. :) She's made them before and really liked the results and said my yarns should work well.

I couldn't stay there long tho as my wool allergies started up...high concentration of wool fumes in the wee tiny shop. :)

Lunch came after, then a trip to the hair colorist. Ask for Jesse, he rocks - maybe that cos he's the head instructor for coloring... :) If you're curious, the number is 925-937-2011. Tell him Donna the knitter sent you. They are very accomodating as far as appointments go and the prices are very reasonable - Ms Troi says they can do that because the Academy tuition pays the rent, the rest is just a service to the local 'hood.

And if that wasn't enuf...I hit Target and Ross before I FINALLY headed home.

There has been a wee bit of internet shopping since then...very small amount of beads, some more yarn and needles (not b-day stuff tho as it's for gift projects) and a few books from the my book swap club. One for me and one for Spence for a school reading project. I just LOVE the swap club!

It really was like Christmas in July around the Chaos this year. Not only was it very COLD out, I just kept getting delivery after delivery. :)

Spencer and I will decide some day what we will do to celebrate our b-days again. On our actual days, it was so freakin' hot that we didn't do much of anything. So I promised him, we'd wait til summer was over and do something special together.

No comments:

Post a Comment