Monday, August 08, 2011

It's been over a month...

...since my last post.

So, what have I been up to?

Basically a whole lotta nuttin'.

My to-do list grows daily, hourly even, as more ideas pop into my already crowded brain.

And I really shouldn't act on any of those until I get a few things in my life cleaned up and straightened out.

Mainly my apartment and the reality that my son is a senior now and pretty well grown and getting ready to leave the nest.

I have to get my apt in order so I can move. I need a change of pace and somewhere not so hot, dry, dusty and pollen laiden. Good luck finding something convenient for me at a price I can afford, right? ack.

I have to come to terms with the whole "empty nesting" reality.

Bottom line, I don't feel (mentally) like I'm old enough to be going through the empty nest bit...although sometimes I look and feel (physically) way more than old enough. Gah.

Where did the years go?!?

So what have I been doing?

Watching netflix and playing Wheel of Fortune on my new netbook.

Yeah, lots getting done here at Casa de Chaos. (she wrote sarcastically)

I feel like I'm living a comedy bit from the 70's. Can't remember who it was but I thought it was totally hilarious way back then...

Teacher: So what did you do on your summer vacation?
Student: I got up, I got dressed, I went to the corner and hung out with my friends, I came home, I ate dinner, I went to bed.

Teacher: What did you do the second day of your summer vacation?
Student: I got up, I got dressed, I went to the corner and hung out with my friends, I came home, I ate dinner, I went to bed.


Etc etc etc...

Now, it's not so funny.

I am so stuck in a deep rut.

I'd say "Calgon take me away", but that would only may my rut muddy, and then it would be even more difficult to get up and out of it.

(I know, pretty lame attempt at humor.)
Time to reset, recharge, re-whatever my reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment