Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Laxative for the brain?

In my head I had thoughts of photos and lovely sentiments for awesome birthday posts for both Mom and Spencer.


They didn't quite come out the way I wanted. I still can't seem to write more than just the basic stuff as the emo block is still in play.  It is affecting a lot of aspects of my life.


Someday I'll be able to write again.

There has been a creative block - but after 2 months, I've found myself wanting to make something again.

Progress.

I've been trying to finish two projects that I had been working on before I ran off to Texas and Mom passed away. The knitting project I can't even bring myself to look at let alone pick up.  I have, however, been working on the beading project.  Unfortunately it is an epic fail, so I'm completely changing the whole damn thing. Hopefully this new incarnation will work. This is number 4 or 5 already with each incarnation having at least 4-5 tries before I move on...each try another Fail.  If this last try does not work, I think I'll just have to let that one sit for awhile.

The last time I had such an emotional blow (when Dad passed away in 1998), I went into a creative frenzy and even learned a new art - painting.  Dad painted, so I learned what he did.  This time, Mom and I did the same sort of things - needle and yarn crafts - so I find myself "blocked".  My brain full of ideas that I just can't bring into being.

I think the only thing I can do is wait for the emo block to work itself out.  The only laxative for this I know of is....time.

Sigh.

1 comment: