Friday, April 26, 2013

I Miss You Mom


Mom and Dad at their wedding reception, August 18, 1956

Dear Mom,

It has been a year already.  I miss you something awful.  I think of you all the time and can't tell you how many times I've picked up the phone to ask you something only to realize as I start dialing that you won't be on the other end.

As usual, I needed some help with the "most fabulous stuffing ever" for Christmas.  As you can probably guess, it didn't come out quite right, but it was still edible. I know I missed something, but I can't tell what it was, I'll just have to try again next year.

I've gotten back into sewing a bit and could have used some advice about fixing a zipper and the inevitable buying of new jeans.  You could have told me right away to give it up, I would have believed you more than my inner doubting voice.

Oh, and you could always tell your grandson the exact same thing I just told him, but he'd listen to you more than he did to me.

Wish you were here this week while Martin and I have been in town.  Along with Liza, we've done quite a bit of work around the house.  Hope you don't mind that we've had cable and internet installed.  Now Liza can work easier from home.  It's been nice for all of us to be on the interwebs all at the same time instead of taking turns at the mobile hot spot.

Martin has been quite handy to have around.  I'm going to miss him when he goes back to the UK.  He's a good man Mom, and very good with tools.  He's put quite of few of Dad's tools to work this week and things are looking good round the house.

Going to miss you at the wedding, whenever that will be.  If you were here, I'd ask you to light a candle and rattle the ol' beads because we are submitting the K-1 Visa petition for Martin to come over.  We've been working on all our evidence and so forth and will put it all together and take it to the post office tomorrow first thing.

I know you and Dad are together, so instead of teasing us down here (you guys are enjoying it, I know you are) see if you can pull a few strings and whatnot and get us a smooth and quick process.

Love and Miss you Mom,

Donna




1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:46 AM PDT

    Dunno about 'good with tools', I just hope she didn't hear me when I hit my thumb with the hammer! Your Dad would have understood tho...

    Love you sweetheart, and extra-special hugs. And a special thank you to Liza for looking after us and feeding us so well!

    Honey
    x x x

    ReplyDelete