Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Emo Roller Coaster...not a ride I like...

From the highest personal high in a long time for me to a family low.

The "family dog" Dexter had not been himself since the New Year.

He was in the doggie hospital most of last week.

He improved so was sent home with my sister who had been lovingly caring for him since Mom passed away (and before then too - he was spoiled rotten by them both).

She had to make the decision to put him down last night while I was on my way home.  He had a relapse and there was no easy way back.

My small family is in mourning once again.  He was a beloved family member who stood loyally by my Mom for a very long time and had been a loving companion to my Sister.  He was spoiled rotten and could be a pain in the backside but we all loved him anyway.

He was 13 yrs old.  He is deeply missed.

We know his Spirit is with Mom's and they are having a nice long reunion walk.

Rest easy Dexter.

No comments:

Post a Comment