Monday, January 29, 2007

Mojo Monday

Hey everyone, my knitting mojo is back...I felt it coming back before I found the mini circs on Saturday, but now it is all the way back - and more than I can handle.

I had planned on doing absolutely nothing this weekend. It was supposed to be a lazy weekend. Instead I got quite a bit of organizing and knitting done. Oh, a lot of movies played on the TV too. And most importantly, I washed that gray right out of my hair. And I knit. A lot. We're talking two (yes 2!) FO's and an almost pair of FO's.

What else do you do when it's doing this outside?





So, this weekend I made this...




It's a gift for a friend. Yarn is Nanook (50% nylon/50% microfiber) from ArtFibers Yarn in San Francisco. Lost the color number. Two balls held together to make a double strand (oooh, that sounds kinky). Size 13 needles, 12 stitches, garter stitch with a fringe. (NOTE to Cherry: Here's a good tip for if you want to fringe something. Cut all the yarn for your fringe first, then you can just knit your scarf until the yarn runs out.)

...and this (for lil' ol' me)...




Same yarn as the blueish one above. This time, green Nanook double stranded, and 10 stitches in garter stitch.

...and I am almost done with Gary's gloves (no pic 'til they're done). If I get some knitting time tonight, I will most likely finish a few of the fingers. Then I will just have a few more fingers left, some end-weaving and they'll be ready. Just in time for the Superbowl. (GO BEARS!)

My needles are on fire I tell you.

Now that I am finishing up all these projects, I am at a total loss as to what I should start next. My knitty mojo is playing serious head games. My fingers say KNIT! My brain says WHAT? It's really annoying I tell you. I wish the voices would just hush up and give me some peace and quiet already.

Movies watched this weekend: Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Mummy, Scorpion King, and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. They were the movies already sitting out by the TV, so I went with those. Well, I guess you can't really call it 'watching' since I was pretty much bouncing off the walls while I wasn't sitting and knitting. And then I was knitting. So it was pretty much listening. That's what happens when they take away your extended cable I guess...

4 comments:

  1. There's always a Calorimetry, or you can take your run at the Three Hour Sweater ( http://www.lrvictor.bravepages.com/Free/3-HOUR.htm ). You could do Glampyre's Boobholder (one skein wonder) thingy, but look up on Craftster how to elongate it (check out louisgriffinwannabe's version, really) so it will fit a real person.
    [inserting subliminal message here.... Get the Love edition of Knit1 magazine and photocopy the punk baby outfit for Stephieface... end of subliminal message]
    There's always something from Knitty, like Bad Penny or Cheesy Love (for valentines).

    Maybe with your knitting mojo in high gear, attack something bigger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy lady!
    Thanks for the tip! I was thinking of doing a fridged scarf for my SIL when I finish this baby blanket, or when I need a break from it.

    We've been using our Netflix subscription much more efficiently since Comcast did their service audit and took away our free extended cable too. I still think about adding it back on, but for now, we're doing ok as is, but I'm getting really sick of watching all of these macho shows that Eric TiVo's from the Discovery Channel. I need my TLC and HGTV back. At lesat I still have the Food Network.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't find your email. Mine is super easy.... ready?
    stephieface @ gmail . com

    (course w/ no spaces)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, send your mojo this-a-way. I aint finishing anything, and I'm even watching Viggo I-II-III.

    ReplyDelete