Friday, January 26, 2007

TGIF

Before we get into FlyLady Friday...

I just read about the coolest thing on Franklin's blog. It's LibraryThing.com. A place online where you can catalog your personal library. I think I will do one for Spencer and one for myself. He's getting quite the collection of Manga and Drawing books and of course I've got my knitting books, sewing books, and a host of others. Not quite as many as a lot of folks, but it will still be useful to us. I just went and looked around really quick-like. Looks like it could be a great organizing tool.

And now on to what I've been up to lately as far as organizing goes...

Last Friday, Spence and I come home to a note taped to our door. Heads up! Annual City inspections happening next Wednesday. The small city where I live inspects all apartments every year to make sure the renters have a good place to live.

On the one hand, that's good. On the other hand, it's not.

I feel like I am being judged on my housework and cleaning skills.

Ask me if I care anymore. I used to bust my butt trying to get everything 'perfect' before they came, but not any more. I've got a busy schedule. The place is clean, but a bit cluttered. You want it any cleaner or any less cluttered, have at it. I do what I can with the time I've got. I'm working on it and that'll have to be enough. Maybe next year, it'll be less cluttered, but I can't guarantee it.

That being said, the inspection happened on Wednesday, and there was no notice on our door when we got back, so I guess they really don't care about my clutter as much as I do.

Anyway, this is what I did during Da Bears game last Sunday. I fought the paper tiger - and I've won the first battle. And now, may I introduce you to my secret weapon...

Jaws...



By the time he had finished knashing his teeth, I ended up with 5 plastic grocery bags full of shredded paper and about the same amount of bags of non-shredded junk mail.

This weekend, the knashing of teeth continues as Jaws and I attack the paper pile(s) in my bedroom.

Hey Paper! Looks like I don't love you anymore...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:28 AM PST

    Yay Donna! Good for you!

    I've been focusing on walking/training so much my house is a freakin' disaster (adorable yet messy hubby, 2 dogs and a cat don't help). So I know the out of control feeling - I'm only doing a light walk today so I'm going to follow your lead and get rid of some piles too. I'm so glad I found your blog - you are inspiring, woman!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete