Monday, April 16, 2007

A Tribute...

...to my Dad...

Dad passed on 9 years ago today. And it still hurts just as much as it did then. The passage of time helps heal they say. Most of the days, that is true, it's just the anniversary that throws me a few steps back.

In the interest of healing, I give you a peek at my Dad:

A man who proudly served his country on foreign soil...





...and domestic...





A loving Husband....





...and devoted Father...




(that's me on Mom's lap)

...and a wonderful Grandfather...(don't have any of those pictures electronically)

Spence was only 3 1/2 when he passed, but he still remembers him and talks about him often. In the short time they had together, they formed a very strong bond and I'm so glad of that.

Dad was many things to many people, but he was the Best. Dad. Ever.

I miss you Pop.

PS...and thanks for keeping an eye out for me still and putting in a good word for me with the Powers That Be...you know why. Somehow I knew you heard that request...I feel your presence all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment