Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Well...waddaya know?

There really is something to that "increased activity = weight lost". Check it out - 2 lbs lost this past week. Boooyah!

Who'd a thunk... now all I need to do is "healthy food choices + increased activity = more weight lost". Then I'll be good to go.

On to things I've learned while out and about walking or preparing to walk. I've done this before, but since none of my current readers have probably read that (and that old blog isn't accessible any longer anyway), I'll do it again. Besides, I like it and it's fun to make myself think....and this is all different...

Here we go:

  1. I really should take my own advice and stretch often. That first walk was a killer. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that it was in fact my first walk and I've been a slug for the last few years. I stretch a lot now.
  2. Walking on trails is really cool and everything around you is so beautiful. Until you remember you have allergies , and all that beautiful stuff is also in bloom.
  3. Family (namely my child) is very supportive of your weight loss quest until they go out walking with you. Then they are just bored. He tried not to show it, but I could tell he was - what a trooper. Although next time, he will walk instead of scootering - he was always up ahead of me waiting for me to catch up. I'm sure that had nothing to do with his boredom. Right.
  4. I have a thing for firemen. Every walk I've done over the last week has lead me past a Fire Station. Hmmmm.....wonder how that happened?
  5. Dangle a carrot in front of an old gray mare and she'll get her ass in gear.
  6. Walking with someone is much better than walking alone. Even if they are bored tweens on a scooter, or a walking partner who also has her MP3 player on. Thanks for going out with me on the weekend Spence. Thanks for walking with me at work Antonella (we did our first walk together yesterday.)
  7. Two women of like minds can communicate with just a look. And it can be quite funny.
  8. I still appreciate the male body - well duh!!! (See #5)
  9. I enjoy watching construction workers work. (See #8)
  10. The only thing yummier than a fireman, is a fireman on a fire boat. (See #'s 4, 5, & 8)
  11. Wide leg capri exercise pants make me feel like an idiot - and most likely look like one too. I got the strangest looks when I wore those.
  12. Just because exercise pants look like they will be long enough, doesn't mean they actually are - you really need to try them on - totally moots the whole point of them being such a bargain at $6 off the clearance rack. More like $6 wasted. (See #11)
  13. I love Kohl's department store. Not only can I find bras is my size that I would actually be caught dead in, it has saved my ass many times when I needed clothing (at a low price) for myself or Spencer. Yes, I found some Danskin exercise pants on the clearance rack that fit and don't make me look like an idiot.
  14. I wish my new exercise pants were black instead of gray. I sweat in embarrassing places and said sweat really shows up on the gray pants.
  15. I love my oversized, VERY long t-shirts. (See #14)
  16. Good shoes, and good socks are a good thing.
  17. While loading music on my off-brand MP3 player is very frustrating, it is totally worth it. Good music gets me going.
  18. You lookin' at my ass? Enjoy yourself. If you touch, you die...unless of course I said you could...
  19. You don't like what you see? Doesn't matter to me, you're not so hot either.
  20. Catch me lookin' at your ass? D'oh! BUSTED! Enjoy it. I sure am.

OK, enough about ass admiration...time to get my ass in gear and get back out on the street. The sun has come out and Antonella and I can't wait to head out for our walk. We both were disappointed that it was raining earlier - we wanted to walk! Now we can, and we are happy.

It's the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment