Sunday, October 21, 2007

Links and Buttons and Blogs, Oh My!!!

Ok folks, time for some clean up on the ol' blog here...going to delete some old buttons (knit from your stash anyone?), add some new ones, put some more links up there, yada, yada, yada...

First off links and buttons.

Was going to delete the "Knit from Your Stash" button, but seems I already have...wonder when I did that?

Anywhoo...adding one for Ravelry, of course, but don't click on that one unless you're a beta person, 'cause otherwise you can't get in and that would just be cruel. They hope to open it up soon, but I'm not sure when. They are still taking sign-ups for their waiting list to get an invite into the Ravelry Beta - just in case any of you knitters/crocheters out there don't know. Once they are done with Beta and it gets opened up, I'll let you all know.

Adding other buttons/links for books written by bloggers whose blogs I regularly read. They are the Yarn Harlot, Crazy Aunt Purl, and My Boyfriend is a Twat.

The Yarn Harlot writes humorous knitting books, of which I have read two, and I even saw her in person last year and got one of them signed.

Next up is Crazy Aunt Purl. Her book is about getting divorced, and moving on, and learning to knit, and living with 4 cats. Haven't read it yet, but if it's anything like her blog, it'll be good.

And then there is Zoe, from My Boyfriend is A Twat. (Honey told me about this one - she's a Brit living in Belgium.) Her book is how to recognize, deal with, and live with an utter Twat and has nothing whatsoever to do with knitting. But I want to read it anyway. Again, because if it's anything like the blog...

Anyway, check them out, read their blogs, buy their books. I'll eventually get them all myself. When I do finally read them all, I'll try and post reviews.

Oh, and I'll eventually put up a list of blogs I read...have been meaning to do that for a while now...

1 comment: