Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Ms. Puffy finally goes for a spin...

...but I was not destined to be her first rider.

That priviledge went to Spencer. Last Tuesday night, we pumped up the tires, adjusted the seat and Wednesday morning he set off to the BART station with my Ms. Puffy and his own set of house keys. I cried.

Seeing as the car was acting up, he pushed to be able to ride the bike to the station on his own. I relented...it was a good idea...and it was time. Oddly enough, he was ok riding the 'girlie' bike, but he will soon have his own 'manly' bike thanks to some very generous friends who have an extra one.

Good thing Honey was here. He held me close while I dealt with Spencer growing up yet a bit more (as in crying like a baby) ...further and further from me. It's inevitable, but I still don't have to like it.

He rode again on Thursday, again with me in my robe at 6:45am walking him down the hallway to the front door and waving (and yes, crying) as he rode off to the station. Don't know if I'll ever get used to seeing him ride away from me. Sniff sniff...

Friday, I took him since he wouldn't be coming back to my house for the weekend - it was Dad's weekend.

Since then, Ms. Puffy has had a nice rest...peeking in through the patio doors...looking sad and lonely...until today.

Yes folks, I finally rode Ms. Puffy.

I rode her to the bank and back - about a 2.5 mile round trip. Had plans to go to one other place, but I couldn't take it. I'll save that ride for tomorrow. My legs are still a bit noodle-ish, and my bum hurts a bit, and damn did I look like a dork (and no, there will be no photos thank you very much), but I will get up on Ms. Puffy tomorrow and take her out again.

If it wasn't for the pain in my legs and bum, and the wheezing and huffing and puffing, I might even say I had fun. Oh yeah, and the heat. Tomorrow I won't go during the hottest part of the day. I'm going before work instead of waiting for lunch. D'oh. I should know better.

Oooh! Did I tell you all I walked across the street to Trader Joe's after work yesterday? I went grocery shopping on foot! Unfortunately, I went while hungry (very bad idea) ...spent way too much...and ended up with two very full, heavy bags. Oh well, I wanted to be more active. It wasn't all that bad, but I need to control myself if I'm going to be doing that more often.

Some day, I hope to work up to biking to Target...that's quite a haul from my place, but eventually, I'll be able to do it. Just not anytime soon...

Getting a good start on being more active. Hopefully I can wipe out those 10 pounds I gained before I go see the doc again...only time will tell.

Well that's all I've got for today...going to go veg on the couch. It's been a loooong day working and it ended on a terrible note, just about 20 minutes ago actually. Decided I just needed to shut it all down. It'll still be there in the morning, and there's not much I can do tonight anyways.

Maybe I'll finish the fringe on the Honey Scarf, maybe I'll do a small Etsy craft project. Maybe I'll just park my butt and grow roots for a few hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment