Saturday, October 13, 2007

Still around...

Hey everyone,
Still here, just coming off two of the worst work weeks in a long time. Crashed hardware, nasty deadlines, stupid mistakes, sneaky co-workers...all combined and everything else that could go wrong pretty much did. But, we managed to somehow make our deadline and now I can breathe a bit and enjoy life again.

Got a walk in, a bike ride (just the one last week unfortunately), some belly dancing this past Tuesday (just in the living room here), and a lot of knitting.

Not touching the old projects yet...I know, I'm bad. But I'm going to frog them anyways...shush.

One new gift project on the needles in the new yarn that arrived the day before Honey did. I'm quite impressed with the yarn and the pattern...and patting myself on the back (cast on and knitted - haven't restarted - at all)...it looks great so far. It's a wool/soy blend that I got on sale and it's oooooh sooooo verrrrry sooooofffffttttt. Love it. Hope I have enough left over, I will make myself some fingerless gloves out of it. Yum.

Speaking of Honey, today he helped me look over and pick out some patterns so I can start on my Charity Knitting projects. Can't wait to dive into the acrylic stash and get going. Got some cute bootie patterns off the net. Hope to show those off soon. Found the pattern I was using for baby hats when I did the preemie hat knitting a while back. OOOh, also went through some of my pattern booklets. Found some great baby/kid sweater patterns in my vintage books. I have books from 1950, 1956, 1960, 1970...and one from 1947! Got them at the thrift store for 10 cents each. Total. Steal. These booklets are priceless to me.

Anyways, the 1970's book is hilarious. Good grief some of those patterns are just awful. So I will be scanning/posting photos just to prove it. I know you'll all get a kick out of them too. Don't think I'll ever knit any up, so this pattern booklet is strictly for entertainment purposes. And it delivers.

In other news, Spencer is gathering up stuff for his Halloween Costume. He looks awesome so far and I'll post a photo when he finishes getting everything together. He's still biking to the BART station and tonight went to his first school dance of the season. Sniff. Sniff. And he's just about 2 inches taller than me now. Stop growing up already...I can't take it. Sniff. Sniff.

It's been raining this past week...and today we had quite the downpour. So I knit. Went to Antonella's for pizza and some TV watching, and I knit some more. It's getting chilly out, so I'm all about the knitting. Been having some aches and such with the arthritis in the hands, so knitting with the yummy soft yarn and wooden needles really helps them feel better. Just need to use size 7's for everything now. It's the 'just right' size for my hands. Not too big, not too small. Keeps them moving, keeps 'em warm, chases away the aches, and doesn't cause pain. Perfect.

Oh, and I just received a Superior Court Jury Summons the other day. You gotta know I'll be knitting. If I can't get out of it, I'll be taking along a whole backpack full of yarn...last time I did this, I waited. A lot. Took knitting and books and it still wasn't enough. Finished the project and the books and still had time left over to balance my checkbook. Three days of waiting people. Three. Friggin. Days. Gah.

OK, it's ridiculously late and I'm finally getting sleepy, so I'm off to bed.

Tootles.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, sorry I haven't stopped by in FOREVER. Sorry about the work crap. That always sucks. Good to see you are stilling enjoying time w/ honey. Yay you! I have a new one as well. Think I found a soul mate!!! YIKES

    ReplyDelete