Monday, July 06, 2009

Drawing Class tomorrow!!!

YAY!!!

I'm hoping to have a fun time with the class and not sit there like a bump on a log.

The two, giant, tunisian crocheted blankets have not done their job. I am still blocked.

I have figured out that there are many reasons why:

1. I've been very lazy. Very easy to be very lazy when you don't have to get up and go someplace where people have promised to pay you if you show up and do stuff.

2. My apt is a chaotic mess. Result of the laziness, of course. I have promised myself today is chore day - going to get all the basic stuff done, pack for class and then work a bit more on getting my crafting supplies in order. Ooooh...it's lunch time! Chores will have to wait - can't do chores if I'm hungry!

3. I have no idea where to even begin being creative. I have many lists of ideas. I have many ideas in my head. I look at the lists and it's as if they are in a foreign language. I go to pull ideas out of my head and they are no longer there...they return when I decide to leave them alone.

4. I'm feeling rather lonely lately. Lonely equals woe-is-me, pity parties that totally block out any desire to do anything but park my ass on the couch and watch nonsense on TV. Which then ends up with me in bed with a book or magazine cos there is nothing but crap on TV. And then I can't even concentrate on what I'm reading.

I do get out with my friend Antonella, I chat daily with my Honey, Spence and I spend lots of quality time together when we get the chance, I still call the family and chit chat, and I have actually been dragging my ass out on the bike and have been swimming once. My blood pressure is down and so is my weight - 4 more lbs actually.

I should be happy. I think about it all and go "meh - whatever".

Trying not to put too many high hopes on these classes I'm taking and I think I'm doing pretty good with that. Stepping out of my creative box with the drawing is something different which I think I will really enjoy. The jewelry class can only help me as I have had lots of ideas for new pieces but I have no idea how to bring them into reality.

The classes are what they are and my chaos is what it is...hopefully being in contact with more people will get me back to whatever it is I was before I lost my job - ironically, I don't even know what that is, really.

Meh - whatever!

1 comment:

  1. The labels for this post have me alternately in giggles and totally understanding where you are right now too... =)

    It's tough to get out and expand creative horizons, and meet people, and not feel 'blah'. I feel it too lately, maybe it's something with this warm time of year and the dread of the cold coming back (wonders what part of the country you're in, but figures it generally gets 'colder' everywhere in the US in the winter).

    I hope you have fun at the classes, and they give you a kick in the creative a@#$ =)

    ReplyDelete