Friday, July 10, 2009

Jewelry Class

OK, so we've got a class full of chattering and eating seniors for drawing...and an oversold class full for jewelry...the class was designed for 25 students and there are about 35-40 of us in the class. The teacher ran out of handouts, seats, you name it. I think the next 5 classes will be much better tho as she'll be much better prepared - and she's bringing more assistants to help her out. She only had one today.

But I still like both classes as I am learning quite a bit!

Today in Jewelry Class, I made a very pretty bracelet. I immediately came home and ordered the supplies from my fav online jewelry supply store for next week's class. What I don't use for class, I'll definitely use to make more pieces for my "jewelry collection" to sell online. I am glad that I don't have to buy any beads right now as I have quite the collection! Have all the tools I need as well. I have most of the findings I need, I just needed some clasps (as I have yet to make any bracelets or necklaces) and some stringing wire and some curved tube metal beads. Oh, is that all?!? hee hee. Actually, it's not that much at all. And I am uber excited to use some of my larger beads that aren't quite right for stitch markers or earrings. YAY!!!!

Time to do homework. This weekend I will do some drawing. For jewelry class, all I really need to do is go thru what I have now and break it down into a smaller kit for class - and then find something clever around here to put it all in that will survive an hour round trip on the bike. And then wait for my online order to arrive. YAY!!!!

I'm very excited to finally understand some techniques that I've known and read about but could not really get my head around. Seeing others do it and then trying it myself immediately after really helps.

And at some point this weekend, I will post a photo of the bracelet and scan in my first drawings. I was quite excited about it all and showed Spencer what I've done so far. He of course said it was all awesome...but he's biased...and was waiting on me to cook dinner...so he could have just been telling me that so he wouldn't starve! hahahahahahaha

In other news...I'm back on the creating wagon - and not just for class! I've finally picked up the knitting again and am working a little bit every night on the Stitches on the Bridge scarf I'm making. You know, the double knit scarf with a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge on it. Yeah, I frakking crazy!!!

And in the "awwwwwwwww" category...Sammie is sleeping on the bed with me again and sitting close by purring while I knit away. I can't tell you how happy I am about that. I've missed her so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment