Saturday, March 08, 2008

The Last 24 hours...

Once work was done...I putzed around the apartment, basically doing nothing. Whatever. Round about 9PM, I decided to be productive. I wanted to knit. Imagine that. I needed some background noise for the knitting...which movie to watch? Wasn't ready for any Viggo - don't think I could have handled it. WTF? Couldn't watch Viggo?!? There is DEFINITELY something wrong with me.

Anyway, decided instead on some Brendan Fraser, John Hannah, and Oded Fehr (sp?) in The Mummy. I think I've seen The Mummy more times than I've seen Viggo I, II, and III - hard to believe, but yes. I knew exactly what was happening and could happily knit away.

I'm happy to say, I'm almost done with the second mitt...the former demon mitt from hell. Instead of tinking over 2 inches (it was worse than I thought), I just took the whole shebang apart. Rip, rip, rip...R.I.P. second mitt from HELL. It was wonderful to sit and knit and watch gorgeous men on the tellie. Sigh. What a wonderful Friday night. No kid, just me, and my knitting, and Brendan Fraser.

This morning I got up early and headed to the Flea Market in Berkeley. Found some nice crytals - think I'm going to make earrings out of them...I'll post them when I finally do...got some sunglasses for both myself and Spencer. Nothing else struck my fancy, so headed back home, met up with Spencer and headed to Target.

At Target, there lives the Perfect Purse.




I. WANT. THIS. PURSE. But I won't let myself buy it until I organize up my little office space. I stopped by it to visit. I pet it, I told it that it would be coming home with me soon...then walked off before I was tempted to toss in the cart and run to the checkout.

As I was wandering thru Target wanting the purse and feeling sorry for myself, I came across this...




Oh. My. God. Purse? What purse? Viggo. Oh sweet Viggo. Sigh.

Fast forward a few hours to...On the way to his soccer game tonight (they won by the way!!!), we were running ahead of time, so did some shopping in Oakland on the way. I suppose I'll post a picture of my new jacket at some point. I love it!

No purse at this outing. Almost had some shoes, but I'm sure if I tried to walk in them I would have most likely fallen flat on some part of my body which would have been very entertaining to watch.

But I got a new jacket - and I love it - and it'll go fantastic with my new mitts. FO pix of those coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:12 AM PDT

    The Mummy is man goodness covered in chocolate with man crispies.

    You should buy the purse... I only say this because whenever I lust after something in a store I better buy it within the next day or two because they will all be bought when I go back after holding out. Then while you transfer your stuff from your old purse to your new purse (aka organizing) you will be inspired to do so with your office.

    At least tell yourself that anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note to self: must find time this week to troll the magazine section at the bookstore. Yum.

    ReplyDelete