Monday, June 15, 2009

It's addicting....

First off, I was successful in registering for the Drawing class I mentioned yesterday. I'm very excited to start and once Spencer comes back over from his Dad's, we'll hit the art store for a nice pretty new sketch pad for me. :) The rest of the supplies I need will come from Spencer's stash. There is also an "optional supplies" portion of the list, but we'll be ignoring that bit.

And now for the addicting part. And no, I'm not talking about my Viggo DVDs...altho I have to confess, Viggo III is currently playing in the background...sigh.

My current addiction continues with the Tunisian crochet stash blankies. I've decided to use some recycled yarn from 2 identical sweaters (a ton o' yards!) for a blanket for myself. Two strands of that held together with various other recycled yarns and yarns I've picked up from my favorite Thrift Stores and gotten from my various enablers (Mom) in the past. OH! And I'm finally going to use the 24 year old baby blue yarn I bought while I was a student in Seville back in '85. The base yarn is green (of course - this blankie is all M.I.N.E.) and I'll add the other colors as they run out, just like I did in Spencer's blankie.

Can't wait to see how it all turns out. I just loved the green yarn when I spotted the sweaters and it was always intended to be made into something for me. Now I've finally come up with something useful for myself. I'll have a photo of either the finished blankie at the weekend or it will be pretty damn close to it as these monsters work up lickity split. Guess I should go to Ravelry now and add the project!

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed by your passion for knitting...I swear, there's a blog post in there, considering the things that interest me and not so much other people, and the things that interest other people, and me not so much. It's an interesting world, huh?

    ReplyDelete