Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sammie on Sunday...

...no photos this time as we have been bonding on the couch...and I didn't want to ruin the moment.

Lately my little princess and I have been at odds...fighting over who has ownership over the laptop...or the office chair...or the mouse. She's been quite the little fuzzy white pill lately.

She's even learned where the delete key is on the keyboard, and has been having way too much fun sitting on the mouse and alternately right and left clicking by switching her weight.

The list of things she's been doing lately goes on and on, and I won't bore you, but let's just say, things are never boring when I sit and do the job search thing and chat to Honey in the morning.

Sigh.

Tonight we've come to some sort of truce...either that or she was cold... We sat together tonight watching crap on TV. Her on my lap purring, me dutifully petting and petting and petting. It was very calming for both of us and I've missed that interaction these past few weeks.

I'm hoping she'll hop up onto the bed tonight and sleep in "her corner" again. I've missed her. Where has she been sleeping? On the damn office chair! Gah!

Anyway, I finally checked the mail from Saturday as I came home from an afternoon out with my friend and partner in crime, Antonella...and there was the local class schedule for the Adult Continuing Education place. Kitty and I had a quick read thru and decided I should take a Drawing Class. It's on Tuesday mornings going for 8 weeks. Folks 55 and older have priority registration since it's a day class, but I'm hoping there's no rush on the class - please leave a spot for me...pretty please?

Several years ago, I signed up for a similar class in the evening and it ended up being canceled because not enough people signed up. I can't even tell you how disappointed I was! I had my sketch pad and pencils and rubber erasers all ready to go...I ended up handing them over to Spencer. Which only means, I get to go shopping for new supplies! :)

Fingers crossed this time it works. If I do find a job before it ends, well, I just stop going. It's not that much ($36 for residents for 8 classes) and it's something I've always wanted to do...and it'll keep me busy. Plus I get a really good ride in going to class...it's about a 7 or 8 mile round trip bike ride guaranteed once a week.

After my morning "job" of looking for work and then spending some time chatting with Honey tomorrow, I'm off to register...and if I get in, I get a supplies list and can go to the art store this week. I think I should probably wait until Spencer gets back from his Dad's. Going to the art supplies store is "our thing" and if I go without him, I don't think he'll ever forgive me.

Wish me luck!

Oooh! Have I mentioned that I've dropped 9 lbs since I stopped working? Can I get an "amen sister?" I'm also sleeping better...can you say I love not having a stressful job anymore?

Now to just find a job before the stress of not having one sets in.....sigh....

2 comments:

  1. AMEN SISTER!!!

    If you need/want any more supplies which Spence isn't ready to part with, let me know.
    Eric has a TON and has moved to CAD so no more pretty hand drawn designs happening over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on losing 9 lbs already, and on sleeping well. I swear, unemployment ROCKS. You know, except for the crappy pay. ;)

    ReplyDelete