Thursday, October 01, 2009

2 years today!

It's been two years since my car stopped working and I couldn't decide what to do with it. Eventually I donated my "Scooter" and I've been car-free since.

I've become buddies with the local car rental agency and they give me deals whenever I really need a car - visitors from out of town, KublaCon and so on. Various friends ask me every so often to "babysit" their cars when they are out of town.

All-in-all, I have not missed not having a car but for the few inconvenient times I was in a hurry, or it was HOT out or I had just missed the bus. Not really any occassions that would warrant buying a car.

That being said, I will buy another car eventually...most likely when I get another job. But it will be a small fuel efficient puddle jumper (as my Dad used to call small cars).

In the meantime, we have our awesome bikes, our transit passes and our feet to get us to where we need to go.

Happy 2 years without a car!!!!

Stay tuned - in two weeks, it's my first anniversary with my Bike. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment